aftaf ahmed & co, chartered accountants is one of the country’s leading law firms practicing administrative and public law. Judicial review of administrative decisions is one of the biggest areas of litigation at the moment as the number of businesses requiring licenses, permits, environmental clearances and “no-objection certificates” (NOCs) are growing with the booming economy and the litigation team at Biraj & Associates are experts in the field Biraj & Associates provides advice and represents clients in disputes arising out of administrative rules, regulations, standards, guidelines and by-laws of different departments of the State.
aftaf ahmed & co, chartered accountants is a one-stop solution centre for any business requiring advice and support in relation to compliance with government rules and regulations and obtaining required permits, licenses, etc. With a vast experience of representing clients in the administrative tribunals, e.g. VAT Tribunal, Land Tribunal, Environment Tribunal, Biraj & Associates is able to ensure that the client’s interest is protected throughout the process.
Biraj & Associates has a dynamic litigation practice that has spanned almost two decades from first instance courts and tribunals to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court. The firm, headed by. Advocate S.M. Biraj Mustafa, Barrister-at-Law, has been a member of the Bar of England and Wales and the Bangladesh Supreme Court Bar since 1994, and hosts a number of UK-qualified Barristers who represent companies, partnerships, trusts, government departments, etc, on a daily basis in the Supreme Court, High Court and the District and subordinate courts of Dhaka and adjacent areas.
Biraj & Associates has an admiralty practice with experienced litigators representing clients in the Admiralty Court in disputes involving cargo, affreightment, arrest of ships, salvage, collision and so on.
Biraj & Associates commercial expertise covers the length and breadth of an enterprise’s needs in Bangladesh. The firm advises on admiralty, aviation, banking, employment, energy, intellectual property, infrastructure projects and mergers and acquisitions and has a regular presence in the Admiralty and Company Courts.
The firm provides all the legal advice and service related to setting up business in Bangladesh which includes drafting Memorandum and Articles of Association, advising on director’s duties, corporate restructuring, public offering, share market listing, obtaining government licenses and work permits and so on. Read more about business set-up services in “Setting up a business”.
Advocate fatima kanij head of the firm, is a former member of the Real Estate & Housing Association of Bangladesh, the trade organization for all real-estate developers in Bangladesh.
ahbub & Company provides comprehensive tax advice and tax solutions to companies and groups in a wide range of industries. The firm is a one-stop destination for new companies and market entrants in obtaining income tax, VAT and Customs registration and licenses.
The litigation team represents clients at all stages of tax disputes including forums of first instance, Appellate Tribunals, Review Committees and the High Court and Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court.
Services provided include:
• Foreign business formation/ registration/incorporation (as wholly owned subsidiary, joint venture, partnership, society, branch/ liason/ virtual or representative office opening/ set up or registration & extension of branch office)
• Name clearance of company
• Nominee directorship, share transfer, increase authorized & paid up capital
• Prepare Memorandum & Article of Association
• Annual return submission of company with profit/loss statement
• Trade License
• VAT certificate
• Tax Certificate (individual & company)
• Permissions from Board of Investment (BOI) / relevant ministry of government / any other body government or non-government body
• Permissions from central bank or concern bank of government
• Work Permit and Visas (Business, Investor & Employment)
• Export & Import license, Factory license, Factory Inspection process, Environment Certificate & Fire License
• Prepare project profile & expected budget for big industry
• Permission for machineries & import & export of equipments
• Advise on fund transfer, remittance issues
• Prepare required documents for permission/ registration of branch office & permission of foreign / local man power engagement for branch office
• Audit services
• Company & individual income tax assessment
• Income tax submission as yearly return of the company
• Advise on tax holidays/ exemption
• Drafting lease deeds, employment agreements, advice on labour law and preparing compliance checklists
• Auditor appointment
143 total views, 1 today